Deletion

Thursday 22 April 2010 by Al Kay
.......

(Disclaimer: If you have issues with foul language, then tough, it helps me get my point across.)


Facebook


I'm gonna get straight to the point with this one. Why the fuck do we add people that we hate? We know for a fact that they're absolute cunts, yet we still have them on our friends list. I made the judgment when I created my Facebook account to add certain people that I hadn't spoke to in over half a decade, I didn't really know what Facebook was at the time, I only got it because my sister Jenny was on some tour of the world and we could keep in contact.
Anyway one person that I added in particular was a guy that everyday for all the time I knew him would say:

I'm going to commit suicide, my life is shit and I wanna die

First off, he was still alive when I added him and when I deleted him, so obviously he was pretty crap with following through with things wasn't he? He also couldn't understand why he was an outcast and had issues with people taking the piss out of him. This same guy also has around 10 piercings in his face and has green dreadlocks. Go figure. Back when I knew him though, it wasn't that bad. He'd just wear black clothes with naked dudes on the front and he would also shape his nails so that they were sharp enough to kill someone. The teachers weren't impressed and quite frankly neither were his friends. It was nothing but a cry for attention.
His personality was lovely though, Marilyn Manson was his God and he would "wait for the day that a bomb would drop down on all of us and kill any existence of humanity".

OK, enough of the cheap shots, they're way too funny. The reason I say this is because, I found out a couple of days ago that one of my old classmates had deleted me - probably because they didn't like what I had to say in my blog posts, or couldn't stand my guitar videos. I didn't ponder the reasoning for too long, all I could think was "What a fucking relief."

The person that deleted me wasn't the retarded goth, it was a fat pleb who gets way too excited over peanut butter and Tekken. Anyway, his deletion of me from his friends list made me realise that, fuck, who cares what my old classmates (who were assholes back then and are now) had for breakfast? Not me. So I deleted around 4-5 people who I thought were pricks who contributed fuck all to Facebook. They never contacted me for anything, I never contacted them for anything, we weren't friends anymore, what was the point? Their status updates sent me to sleep, as my blog posts did for them most likely. I did us all a favour and cut them out of my life.

I am extremely picky when it comes to who's on my list, it's not like I put my life on there everyday, but who wants some random tit looking at your pictures and nosying at your status updates? Not me. I obviously add family members (including Lisa's) and some of Lisa's friends in case they can't get a hold of her. I'm always interested in what my cousins are up to and we all know each other a little better now, which is why Facebook is so important. I couldn't imagine having zero contact with my family or friends, especially now that I'm in Sweden (I seriously need a break from all the Swedish stuff sometimes).

Facebook is obviously a great way for me to interact with people, it cuts out the awkward silences and the nail biting. What I can't say in real life, I say on Facebook. No eye contact necessary.

I know this blog post seems like one big rant at one disgruntled testicle's dislike towards me, but typically I'm over it... I just thought it'd be a good topic to cover on here. It's basically stuff I've wanted to say for years really. I'm very happy with how things are and now that I've said "Good riddance" to bad rubbish, I can enjoy Facebook that bit more.

That twat inadvertently made a great decision.

'Till next time....


Posted in | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww i feel so special to know that i make the cut for your exclusive friends list. ^.^

Al Kay said...

well, you're an interesting character and a good friend,could never delete you Shorty!

Post a Comment